09 Nov Work Health & Safety (WHS) Audit
Did you know that after 1 January 2012 penalties under the new Act, if found guilty of failing to comply with legislation and thereby causing harm, will increase significantly.
Is your organisation prepared for 1 January 2012?
WORK HEALTH & SAFETY ACT 2011
Did you know that after 1 January 2012 penalties under the new Act, if found guilty of failing to comply with legislation and thereby causing harm will increase significantly – Individuals can face fines up to $660,000 and/or 5 years’ imprisonment, and organisations, up to $3,000,000!!
We are here to assist you!
- Attached to this email is a CHECKLIST for your use. Complete this checklist to determine if our audit service would be beneficial to your organisation.
- CEA HR & Consulting can conduct a gap analysis of your Safety Management System through our on-site audit service.
- Our qualified auditor will undertake a Due Diligence audit and identify any gaps in your processes.
- As part of this service, the Auditor will accompany your Senior Manager during a "walk-through‟ safety inspection and assist in identifying hazards in your workplace.
- A comprehensive Report and Recommendations will be provided, based on the findings of the audit and safety inspection.
- The audit and safety inspection will be conducted over the course of up to one (1) day – on-site at your primary location.
- Our fee will be from $1,200.00 (+ GST), depending on the size of your organisation.
For a detailed quote, please provide the following information:
- Number of Employees (ie head count): ______________
- Number of Work Sites: ______________
- Location of Work Sites (Suburb/Town*):Phone: ______________________ Primary Site
- ______________________ Others
- * Travel Cost additional for regional areas.
- Email or Fax this information back to us at your earliest convenience, to:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 8331 8144
- For any further information, please call one of our Consultants on 8331 3133.
DO NOT HESITATE! THE NEW YEAR IS FAST APPROACHING! GET PEACE OF MIND AND BOOK YOUR AUDIT NOW!
Your HR Partner – we help you put the pieces together
WORK HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
DUE DILIGENCE CHECKLIST
The following Checklist is only a "sample‟ of the processes that should be in place in your organisation.
If you answer "NO" to any of these questions, you and your organisation are at risk in that area and may be at risk in others.
An audit should be conducted as soon as possible.
Area of Due Diligence YES NO
Does your organisation have the following policies/procedures?
- WHS (OHS&W) Policy Statement
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment Procedure
- Corrective Action and Preventative Action Procedure
- Incident Reporting and Investigation Procedure
Have your policies/procedures been revised in preparation for 1/1/2012?
Does your organisation have a Hazard Register?
Has your organisation conducted and recorded Risk Assessments on identified hazards?
Does your organisation communicate and consult with employees on safety matters affecting their work and/or workplace?
Have employees been appropriately trained to take on their responsibilities in line with their position level?
Does your organisation maintain a current MSDS Register?
Are MSDS easily accessible to employees who may need them?
PDF Document click here