06 Feb Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 – Equal Remuneration Case Decision
Equal Remuneration Case Decision
A full bench of FWA handed down their decision on the Equal Remuneration Case on 1 February 2012 resulting in significent wage increases to employees employed in the SACS Industry.
Equal Remuneration Case Decision Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
A Full Bench of Fair Work Australia (FWA) handed down their decision on the Equal Remuneration Case on 1 February 2012 resulting in significant wage increases to employees employed in the SACS Industry.
Key Elements of Decision
The FWA Full Bench in its decision has determined:
- that percentage increases will apply to the modern award rates at various award levels and will apply to SACS Industry Classifications including Social and Community Services Employee and Crisis Accommodation Employees classifications.
- (Please note: The increases apply to Social and Community Services Employees (which include Disability Services Employees and Crisis Accommodation Employees).
- the percentage loadings will be introduced over 8 years in nine equal installments, the first installment will commence on 1 December 2012 and the final installment will be on 1 December 2020,
- an additional loading totaling 4 % will be introduced in nine equal installments over the period.
Percentage Increases (excluding the 4%) will be:
Level 2 19%
Level 3 22%
Level 4 28%
Level 5 33%
Level 6 36%
Level 7 38%
Level 8 41%
The decision can be viewed at www.fwa.gov.au/sites/remuneration/decisions/2012fwafb1000.htm
Further information will be provided to employers when orders are finalized by FWA.
Classification of employees
Employers will be required to classify employees under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 prior to 1 December 2012.
CEA HR and Consulting will be convening a number of Training Courses to assist employers in understanding and applying the:
- implementation of the percentage increases, implementation of penalties and loadings contained in the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award from 1stvJuly 2012,
- reclassification of employees from SACS NAPSA, Disability Services NAPSA and CASH Award classifications to the new classification structure under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award,
- Impact on Enterprise Agreements, Various Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award provisions.
Information will be forwarded to employers on the proposed training course dates.
On-site Briefings / Teleconferences Available to Management / Boards
Ted Davis, Executive Director will be available to provide On-Site briefings / Teleconferences for Senior Management and Boards. Briefings / Teleconferences can be arranged for either Metropolitan or Regional locations.
All queries can be directed to Ted Davis on 8232 2820.
PDF Document click here